Skip Navigation Website Accessibility
  • Follow Us...

5th Saturday is your day to save!

5th Saturday!

It's tomorrow!

The fifth Saturday is always a surprise! We're always going to offer you a special, great deal, but you never know what it's gonna be.

This month coincides with the end of our Semi-Annual Clearance!

Take an additional 25% off remaining clearance - up to 75% off!

New lace trim markdowns!

Last chance Vogue & other select patterns just $1 each!

Sewing Classes!

All August classes 20% off!

Use code

Come and sew with us! You can see all our class options and register online!

See classes here!
Gift card special!

We had so much fun last time, and you guys loved it! So we're offering bonus gift cards again!

Tuesday July 12 - Friday July 15

Buy a $50 gift card - free $10 card!
Buy a $75 gift card - free $15 card!
Buy a $100 gift card - free $30 card!

* After you buy your gift card at regular price, we will email you your bonus gift card code! This might take us a couple days to process so we thank you in advance for your patience.

Get your gift cards here!

Japanese canvas polka dots!

The dots on these fabrics are just a little bit irregular, which combines with the natural off-white color to give them a look that's more organic than structured.

Use this linen & cotton blend for pants, jackets, bags, throw pillows, and more!

Shop them here! 

Friday Fun Fact!

Today I'm talking to you about pin safety.

Don't put pins in your mouth.

I know, it's second nature to so many sewists, but it's just not a good idea!

A couple reasons: first up, it's just not sanitary. We've lived through more than two years of a pandemic and I think we're all getting better about not spreading our germs around willy-nilly, or putting stuff in our mouths that has probably (definitely) been on the floor.

Second, and much more seriously: you could inhale it. Stories abound of folks who've inhaled or ingested pins and caused serious damage to themselves!

(Seriously, click the link and read the article. How good is your health insurance?)

So what to do?

Keep lots of pin receptacles around! You have plenty of options from cushions to dishes and magnet trays.

We have a cute new ring pincushion that's perfect to keep nearby as a pin-in-mouth deterrent! Get it here!

Classes Coming Up!

Take 20% off ALL classes with code CLASS20
Today through Sunday 7/31 ONLY!

It's so much more fun to make clothes that fit! Use a muslin mock-up to check your pattern and adjust it to your unique body.

Cost: $ 60

Fridays, July 29 & August 5
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm

Perfect your French seam, rolled hem, and more!

Cost: $ 55

Saturdays, July 30 & August 6
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm

A simple, comfy skirt with pockets, from a custom pattern you'll learn to draft yourself!

Perfect for cotton quilting prints!

Cost: $ 75

Wednesdays, August 3 & 10
2:00 pm to 5:00 pm

A gorgeous dress with options that flatters EVERY body!

Cost: $ 120

Wednesdays, August 3, 10, 17
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Here's our Marina @chapmanhandmade in her Upton!

Happy Sewing,
Michele and the Treadlettes
1338 Grand Ave. St Paul, MN 55105     651.698.9690

NEW Summer Hours

Open 10-6 Mon-Thurs, 10-5 Fri-Sat, 12-4 Sun
 Classes       Blog        Contact        Shop
Want to view this email in your browser? 
Click here to visit our newsletter archive on our website!
Contact Us
      Monday - Thursday 12 - 6
      Friday & Saturday 12 - 5
      Sunday 12 - 4
    1338 Grand Ave. St. Paul, MN 55105