This is an advanced-level class. You must be comfortable with your sewing machine and making basic garments.
- Pattern: purchase a PDF from Redthreaded. Either the 1880s corset or the 1780s stays are recommended. Visit: redthreaded.com - We'll print your PDF pattern for you!
- Fabric: 1 1/2 yards of lightweight cotton twill or coutil (or amount recommended by your pattern)
- OPTIONAL: a decorative outer fabric. If you use a decorative fabric, you still need the twill or coutil for a base layer.
- Hardware: busk and grommets appropriate to your chosen corset style, available at Vogue Fabrics
- Boning: 7mm German plastic is recommended - available here at Vogue fabrics: 7mm boning coils at Vogue
You will also need the following BASIC SEWING SUPPLIES:
6" seam gauge
washable fabric marker or chalk pencil
one package of assorted size Universal sewing machine needles
You can find your class supplies for sale at our store. Our staff will be happy to assist you in gathering your supplies!
Remember, you get 15% off fabrics, patterns, notions, and more at Treadle for the duration of your class. Just let us know you're in a class when you come in to shop!
Full payment is required to reserve your space in class.
Classes are held in our store at 1338 Grand Ave., St. Paul, 55105
If your plans change, and you cannot attend a class, let us know as soon as possible by phone. We will refund your class fee in full up to ONE WEEK before class begins. After that time, class fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Sometimes we must cancel a class. We will let registered students know as soon as we can. You will have the option to transfer into a different class, if applicable, or you may ask for a refund or store credit.